Fleet Operations Manager - Civil Contractor
- PNG fulltime role - Modern, secure accom
- $150,000 tax free income
- Immediate start - 4 / 2 roster
An international Civil Engineering company who operates successfully in PNG who delivers projects for local government, mine owners and large scale international tier 1 contractors. They deliver land development, roads, bridges, carparks and water infrastructure.
As the Fleet Operations Manager you will be responsible for restructuring the company’s fleet and plant hire division. A highly organised individual is required to ensure that the logistics, maintenance,
day to day activities with the plant and equipment. While implementing monitoring and reporting systems to track history of gear.
We require an individual who is very experienced with civil construction and understands the importance of maximizing plant’s effectiveness onsite and keeping production costs low and construction to program.
While reporting to the Construction Manager, you will also be responsible for:
- QA and OHS of operators and fleet
- mentor and up-skill workforce
- decrease mobile plant abuse and unauthorised utilisation
- Timely monthly invoicing of all eternal plant hire
- KPI's will be unit costs, utilisation (internal and external), profitability, productivity and meeting civil contract project demands
The position will require one to roll up their sleeves, physically inject themselves in to the operations, undertake site inspections, and implement strict guidelines (operators, distribution, punctuality, conduct, allocation) and processes. You will be expected to have a thorough understanding of the fleet's operations and locations and be continuously monitoring these through physical inspections and sat navigation technology.