- $130,000 Net Tax free
- Full time position 4 / 2 Roster
- Well established local established contractor
HBS currently operates numerous mine sites across PNG, both on the mainland and remote island locations. We own and operate one of the largest and best maintained mining fleets in PNG, offering the mining sector a variety of services including road construction and maintenance, haulage, lighting and crushing services and plant equipment hire.
HBS formed Fubilan Joint Venture Ltd (FJV) in 50/50 partnership with the established local business Camp Administration Ltd to undertake all business operations at Ok Tedi. We are searching for an experienced Operations Superintendent to coordinate all activities and functions relating to plant and equipment on this large open cut mine.
This role will involve:
- Zero harm, No incidents, No injuries, by taking ownership of all requirements of the Health and Safety systems, through active promotion risk reduction initiatives and personal leadership of lead safety indicators.
- Ensuring that equipment is continuously monitored to minimise down time, plant costs and poor utilisation
- Use logic and reasoning to understand, analyse and evaluate complex situations and identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to the situation.
- Evaluate the best methods of research and then exercising appropriate judgement in establishing priorities and resolving complex matters. Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to choose the appropriate resolution.
- Establish and implement effective administrative programs and procedures
- Ability to plan and organise daily work routines
- Provide operating and technical advice to all employees in connection with the plant/vehicle under their control
You will require at least 5 years experience supervising earthmoving equipment in an open cute mine environment. With a proven track record or maintaining Safety, Environmental, Compliance and positive KPI / productivity records.