- International consultancy
- Major project pipeline
- Career progression opportunities
This respected organisation has been providing quantity surveying, risk management, and advisory services in construction to a range of public and private organisations in Queensland for over 30 years. They have developed into a multi-faceted business offering services to all stakeholders involved in construction and property including asset services, financial services, cost management services, and expert construction advice both in Australia and internationally.
Quantity Surveyor (Intermediate) your role will involve providing support to all senior members of staff for the successful delivery of projects and reporting to the Commercial manager / Associate Director. Responsibilities include:-
- Supporting senor staff members of the team in the day to day delivery of projects
- Preparing measurement take-offs for review with senior members of staff in accordance with appropriate standard methods of measurement
- Preparation of area schedules
- Reviewing the cost information prepared by senior staff and identifying any errors for correction
- Assisting in the preparation of early stage cost estimates and cost plans in accordance with relevant industry standards including measuring and pricing
- Assisting in the preparation of procurement and contract advice to clients
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documentation including bills of quantities, schedules of works etc
- Assisting in the analysis of tender returns and preparing tender reports for review with senior staff
- Assisting in the preparation of effective change control during the pre-contract stages and post-contract stages
- Reviewing contract variations to review with senior staff
- Assisting in the preparation of final accounts
- Assisting in the preparation of contract and dispute advice
- Assisting senior members of staff in their role of Client’s Representative
- Attend meetings and site visits where required
Ideally you will be tertiary qualified in quantity surveying or construction management and be looking for a career change into a specialised field where you can use your wealth of construction-related to knowledge to key clients in a fun stress-free environment.
If you are looking for a change in construction away from a stressed delivery focussed position this is what you have been looking for.