Senior Procurement Officer
- $100,000 + Super
- Civil Contractor, Brisbane based
- Long Term / Full time position
This diverse national civil contractor has a unique opportunity to take up a new role as their operations Manager with a focus on overseeing the delivery of infrastructure projects including: water treatment and mining infrastructure
A Commercially focussed supply chain professional with experience in leading change and improvement in Contracts and Procurement functions. An experienced effective negotiator with first class communication skills. Expertise in all aspects of the supply chain implementation of systems and procedures to meet industry best practice. Proven ability to build and lead a team to achieve business objectives
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain "timely" control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other required documents to assure orderly administration and retention of records.
- Evaluate current and anticipated requirements, determine potential sources, obtain bids, and plan programs to meet business needs.
- Perform continual market analysis and monitor supplier progress.
- As directed, consolidate procurement activities for indirect spend.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure timely payment of suppliers and resolve any discrepancies in supplier invoicing.
The ideal candidate will have recent experience of working within a sourcing, supply chain or relevant function and be looking to develop these skills further. A good communicator with strong commercial acumen, you will have the ability to add value to the broader business.
The role would ideally suit a self-starter with strong analytical skills, a resourceful cross-functional approach to problem-solving and a high level of energy and self-motivation. Experience of SAP is preferred.